Looking for more information about Chemistry at Hunter? Visit Hunter's Chemistry Department site.
For additional resources, try some of these sites:
Tools and Databases: Properties, Structure, Spectra, Synthesis, and More
- Periodic Table - Dynamic and interactive periodic table, including properties, orbitals, isotopes, and compounds.
- PubChem - World's largest collection of freely accessible chemical information.
- ChemSpider - From the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), an extensive searcheable database of chemical structures and associated information.
- ChemSpider Synthetic Pages - A database from the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) that provides organic, organometallic and inorganic chemical synthesis, reactions and procedures.
- ChemID Plus Advanced - Database that allows users to search the National Library of Medicine database of over 370,000 chemicals. Provides chemical structure, property, and toxicity searching.
- Chemicool - Interactive periodic table, Ideal Gas Unit calculator (both SI and English units), and other tools.
- Spectral Database for Organic Compounds - Searchable database from the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) in Japan that provides EI-MS, FT-IR, NMR, Raman spectra and ESR for organic compounds.
- NIST Chemistry WebBook - A comprehensive physical reference data site from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Martindale - Chemistry calculators, applets, spreadsheets, and more.
- Synthesis Calculator - Enter any known values for each substance and this table will calculate the amounts needed for a chemical synthesis.
- Chemical Education Digital Library - Collection of 360 degree interactive models, as well as other useful chemistry content.
Tutorials, Courseware, and Other Resources
- Open Educational Resources in Chemistry - Hunter College OER's compilation of open/free resources for chemistry.
- Royal Society of Chemistry - Collection of tutorials, videos, and other educational resources about chemistry.
- Science.gov - A gateway to government science information & research results. Searches over 38 scientific databases & 200 million pages of scientific information.
- WorldWideScience.org - A global science gateway connecting you to national and international scientific databases and portals, maintained by the Office of Scientific & Technical Information.
- Molecule of the Month - A fun site (and @MoleculeM) that offers the opportunity to review nearly 25 years worth of molecules (posted monthly since January, 1996). Each listing includes a diagram, information about the molecule, and references to learn more.