Datasets, Descriptive Statistics, and Demographics - Research guide dealing exclusively with where and how to locate and use different types of data. Start here.
Census and Other Demographic Information
- Gateway to Global Aging - Population survey data on aging around the world.
- GSS Data Explorer - Data collected by the General Social Survey to look at societal change over time.
- Infoshare - Data on population, immigration, socio-economic indicators, births and deaths and more from the 1980-2000 census, and from other federal, state, and local agencies.
- Integrated Public Use Microdata Series (IPUMS) - Census and survey data from around the world integrated across time and space.
- NYC Data - Baruch's compendium of data about NYC.
- NYC Population FactFinder - Allows users to define study areas within NYC and examine detailed population profiles showing critical demographic, social, economic, and housing statistics, and how these statistics have changed over time.
- Social Explorer - Demographic information about the United States from 1790-2000 through interactive maps and data reports.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (Census Bureau) - Annual federal collection of data on social and economic conditions in the US.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (ProQuest) - ProQuest’s version of the digitized federal collection of data on social and economic conditions in the U.S., current year and historical.
- Statistical Insight (ProQuest) - ProQuest’s version of the digitized federal collection of data on social and economic conditions in the U.S.
- US Census Bureau - US Census data, both searchable and in visual format.
- UVA Demographics Research Group - University of Virginia's breakdowns and visualizations of Census data.
- Gallup (2007-present) - Gallup data.
- Gallup Brain - The definitive, searchable database of the thousands of Gallup Polls conducted from 1935 to today. Search questions, results, specific surveys, and associated articles.
- Polling the Nation - More than 14,000 surveys (1986-present) including data and information related to polling.
- Roper iPoll - Repository of public opinion data.
Crime, Health, and Other Data