Google Scholar is a comprehensive source for scholarly literature in all disciplines. It is particularly useful in the following contexts:
1. Finding a full citation when you only have partial information.
2. Finding the full text of an article.
3. Using as a citation index: Finding articles that cite the article you’re interested in.
4. Finding other relevant articles.
5. Determining article quality based on number of citations.
Note: When searched on campus or through http://library.hunter.cuny.edu, Google Scholar provides links to the full text of journals that Hunter subscribes to.