What are Bibliographic Management Tools?
Bibliographic Management software allows you to gather, organize and use the citations found during the research process. Generally, when searching the web, databases, or catalogs, you can use such software to grab information from books, articles, journals, videos, and dvds and build your own databases of items for your research.
What Is Right For Me?
|Program||Supported||Web-based||Desktop Based||Collaborative Features||Cost||Open Source|
|EndNote||YES||PARTIAL||YES||PARTIAL||Institutional Supported Account||NO|
|RefWorks||YES||YES||NO||PARTIAL||Institutional Supported Account||NO|
|Mendeley||YES||PARTIAL||YES||YES||Free, $4.99, $9.99||NO|
I Want To...
- Keep all my information online
- Work With others
- Find New Materials
- Control my collections
- Control and organize my PDFs
- Capture complete web pages
- Use 3rd party plugins
- Use it to create reading lists
- Do group text markup
- Create my own tags for items
- Use an open source tool
- Use a system designed for Scientist
- Use a tool designed for Humanist
- Collect Citations
- Format a paper
- Create a work cited paper
- Share papers
- Work with Microsoft Office
- Work with Open Office
- Do web based research