1. MediBabble: Translator app for non-English speaking patients.
Description: High-quality sound recordings of thousands of questions and instructions. This app organized by symptom. It may be used to facilitate taking of the comprehensive (from chief complaint to review of systems) medical history or the targeted or abbreviated medical history.
It may to used to facilitate the physical examination and includes phrases used to prepare, position, instruct, and educate patients during the examination.
Languages supported: Cantonese, Haitian Creole, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish
Content: The content is written and reviewed by a panel of physicians. "Each phrase is closely reviewed by at least two medically-trained native speakers for accuracy, clinical appropriateness, and accessibility to [helpful for] to patients of varying levels of education and health literacy.
Offline use: The app can be used offline.
2. Pocket Pharmacist--Pocket Pharmacist is a drug guide.
Description: Pocket Pharmacist contains drug information, and interaction checker, and a medication organizer.
3. MedScape--MedScape is a medical reference application.
MedScape may be used to look up medications (with dosages) with the drug reference tool. The drug interaction checker provides information to help prevent drug interactions.
The evidence-based Disease & Condition reference provides useful information about patient care.
Users may stay current adn earn CME at MedScape.
Among other tools, features include, :
Articles about procedures that provide step-by-step instructions
4. Skyscape Medical Library--The Skyscape Medical Library is a decision-support tool for physicians, nurses, students and other health professionals.
Description: Skyscape Medical Library contains over 400 resources and titles from leading authors, medical societies, and publishers
1. Epocrates: Medical Reference App.
2. Symptomia: Diagnostic Symptom app.
3. Pedi STAT: Reference for pediatric care
4. Netter’s Anatomy Atlas: Human anatomy guide.
Descrioption: Complete atlas of the human anatomy with quizzing and customization features.
5. Gray’s Anatomy: From Elsevier textbooks. Now in app form.
Description: Complete text, index to clinical content, full HD illustrations of the body, back, thorax, abdomen, pelvis and perineum, lower limb, upper limb, head and neck.
6. The Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy: Medical guide