The alumni of the Silberman School of Social Work are always welcomed at the Social Work and Urban Public Health Library. However, there are differences in library access from when one is enrolled as a student. The policy for alumni use of the Hunter College Libraries is as follows:
1. Alumni must obtain a Hunter College Alumni Card through the Alumni office. Click on the link below for more information.
2. Using the Alumni Card, one may enter any of the Hunter College Libraries including the Social Work & Urban Public Health Library, the Cooperman Library at 68th Street, the Zabar Art Library at 68th Street, and the Health Professions Library at the Brookdale Campus. However, alumni are not granted access to other CUNY libraries.
3. Alumni may borrow books from any of the Hunter Libraries.
4. Alumni may not borrow books from the other CUNY Libraries.
4. The Hunter College Libraries website and OneSearch (except full text of subscription resources) are open access and freely available online to anyone from anywhere.
5. Alumni may use the subscription electronic resources only when physically present in the Library. This includes all the databases, electronic journals, and electronic books.
6. As one's Hunter NetID is de-activated upon graduation, alumni do not have remote access to subscription databases, electronic journals, or electronic books.
7. Alumni do not have access to the CUNY intra-library loan system (CLICS) or the national interlibrary loan program.
The Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College
The Hunter College Urban Public Health, Community Health Education, and Nutrition Programs
2180 Third Avenue at 119th Street
Circulation Desk: 212-396-7654