Reserve Information - Students
Reserve materials can be accessed electronically, on or off campus:
Go directly go to http://hunter.docutek.com/eres/courseindex.aspx
- From the pull-down menus, select Instructor and Contains. Then type in the instructor’s last name. Click on Search.
- Select your course number.
- When the copyright agreement box appears, type your course specific password* with no spaces and caps.
- Then click accept.
- Select the title needed by clicking on the PDF or Web/OPAC icon to its left.
- a) If the format is a PDF file click on the PDF or Web icon to its left. b) If the format is a Web/OPAC link, click on Web/OPAC to reach the file name. Select the file.
- When books and other materials are not available electronically, a link on the ERes page will lead users to the Library’s online catalog screen where they will be able to obtain the call number of the item if it is available in print at the library and check the status of the item. Users should write down the call number, and then request the material at the Course Reserve desk located on the 2nd floor in the Main Campus Library or at the Circulation desks at the branch libraries.
*Please note: You will need a faculty password to gain access to course materials. (If required)
What technology is required for access?
- A connection to the Internet, via the campus LAN or an ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- A current web browser (IE 7.0 or later).
- A copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed on your system, with the proper plug-in enabled for your web browser.
- For remote access, you must have an active Hunter email account. If you are unable to access your account contact the ICIT helpdesk at:
Students: 212-650-3624 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or go to Thomas Hunter, room 405.
Faculty/Staff: 212-772-4357 or email email@example.com
If you are having difficulty with the system, you can contact the following Library staff:
<tablestyle="width: 600px; border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
Finding and Borrowing Course Reserve Materials
To borrow Course Reserve or other items from the Reserve Desk, users must have a CUNY ID with a current validation sticker or stamp. Users must also know the Call Number of the item they wish to borrow; it is not the responsibility of the Reserve Desk staff to search for Call Numbers for users. Reserve items are check out for 2 hours of in-library only use and may be renewed if the demand for them is not great.
Non course reserve items, or reserve items that are property of the library rather than of an instructor, may be searched through CUNY+ in the Hunter database. These include library books, videos and CDs. This material may be searched by title, author or keyword.
Also available at the Reserve Desk
VHS cassettes, DVDs, and music CDs are kept at the Reserve Desk. Videos and music CDs which are not reserved for a class may be borrowed for 7 days. Teacher evaluations, the last several years of Hunter College catalogs, and scientific calculators, are also kept at the Reserves Desk.
Video, audio and CD players are available for personal use on the 2nd floor of the Wexler Library. Headphones are required for viewing and listening to audio-visual materials in the Library. Headphones can be borrowed at the Reserve Desk.
Equipment to assist students with disabilities is available and can be requested at the Reserve Desk. Study rooms for students with disabilities are located on the 2nd floor of the Main Campus Library and can be reserved at the Reserve Desk.
The Health Professions Library at the Brookdale Campus has two computers designated for students with disabilities. One computer is located on the mezzanine level of the library, and the second computer is located in the library’s computer lab. At the Schools of Social Work and Public Health Library, there is one computer reserved for students with disabilities, you may ask at the Circulation Desk of the library for the location of this computer.
Reservations for group and individual study rooms are located on various floors of Wexler Library are be made at the Reserve Desk and at the Circulation Desk of the Schools of Social Work and Public Health Library. There are no group or individual study rooms at the Health Professions Library.
The fine for overdue reserves materials is $1.20 per hour. Bills for overdue fines may be obtained at the Circulation Desks at each library or the Reserve Desk of Wexler Library. Fines can be paid by check at the Circulation Desk at any of the Hunter College libraries or in cash at the College’s Bursar Office. Reserve delinquencies may result in the suspension of borrowing privileges. A library stop will be placed on a student's record with the Registrar once a bill is generated for unreturned reserve materials. The library block will remain in place until the material(s) is returned, the overdue fine is settled or the replacement charges (for lost items) are paid.
The Reserve Desk closes 15 minutes before the Library. All reserve material must be returned before the Reserve Desk closes.
The tabs at the top of the page will provide you with additional information about using ERes effectively and efficiently.
If you need additional help, you can contact:
Hunter Main: Jeanne Yan, 212-772-4160 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Profession: Donna Braithwaite, 212-481-5117 or email@example.com
Social Work/Public Health: Arlene Shapiro, 212-396-7655 or firstname.lastname@example.org